Thursday, April 8, 2010

Lytic lesion right femur update

My right femur is making good progress 13 days after full length rod and pins to support a lytic lesion.
There was no bone fracture so that reduced the pain. I am getting about on crutches with good rotation of the ankle, knee and hip.
The wounds are clean with no seepage.
Next Monday I visit the orthopaedic out patients for x-ray, stitches removed and examination.
The following day I have an appointment with my haematologist to review my clinical trial that never got started. The day before my leg rodding I had an MRI scan which identified a few problems that require attention. When these are addressed will have to be discussed.
My right leg needs radiation. I can’t start the trial until 4 weeks after radiation.

1 comment:

Susie Hemingway said...

Well we are glad to read Sid that you are making good progress regarding your leg, what a trying time it must have been for you.
Hope the trial gets underway without too many hitches, all best wishes from us both here in the UK